Maldives has emerged as one of the most preferred tourist destinations in the world and offers amazing avenues for vacations. From captivating water sports to unparalleled seclusion, this tropical paradise is a haven for nature lovers. When you’re having your perfect beach vacation, you definitely want to dress in your best fashion and avoid missing out on any essentials! If you are looking for What to wear in the Maldives And to plan an ultimate checklist for your next vacation, read on.
Understanding the weather
Before packing your bags and backpacks, it is important to understand the weather in the Maldives. The weather remains warm throughout the year, with January being the coldest month with temperatures dropping to 81 degrees Fahrenheit. The hottest month is March with an average temperature of 84 degrees Fahrenheit.
Since the equator runs directly through the Maldives, the region experiences summer all year long. September to December are the rainy months. Rain is least likely between January and April.
Detailed Post-Covid-19 Travel Guide to Maldives: Your One-stop Solution on How to Break the Monotony
What to wear in the Maldives
When you’re packing your bag for the Maldives, one of the things you need to keep in mind is to carry light. Make sure your clothes are decent and avoid planning a topless beach visit. The temperature remains almost constant throughout the day, so you can give preference to natural, breathable fabrics, especially silk, linen or cotton. You may feel uncomfortable with synthetic fabrics.
If you plan to spend your leisure time at the beach relaxing, pack at least two pairs of yoga pants.
Clothing suggestions for women
- You can choose to wear tropical dresses and pair it with a stylish piece of jewelry or accessories.
- Carry a robe to add a splash of “glam” whenever needed. You’ll also need this while you’re in your bathing suit to cover your shoulders in the sun, going to the changing rooms, etc.
- To add a little extra comfort to your Maldives vacation, carry one or two bathing suits, depending on the length of your trip.
Maldives In December 2022: A Guide To Explore This Tropical Paradise The Way You Want To!
Men’s clothing tips
- You can choose to wear some cool T-shirts and shorts. You can also count on cotton pants, cargo, track pants, etc.
- For men, it’s easy to have two pairs of swimwear for the trip!
Shoes ready for the Maldives
Knowing the preferred shoes is an important component while understanding what to wear in the Maldives. There are many islands in the Maldives that are completely shoe-free zones. Therefore, you need to check your itinerary specifically before packing your shoes. However, if the sand is coral, you will need flip flops.
If you have plans to kayaking, swimming, or snorkeling, pack your diving shoes or something similar, as the coral reefs can hurt your feet.
Sandals are another possibility for those who are planning beach walks on their own beaches. Choose waterproof sandals and pair them with your casual look.
Our Hurawalhi Maldives honeymoon was all about underwater dining and romantic sunsets
Maldives travel essentials
Here are the travel essentials you should know before training in the Maldives:
- You should not drink or brush your teeth with tap water. Always prefer to buy filtered water bottles.
- Apart from your main bag, carry a backpack or beach bag large enough to hold your daily essentials.
- Pack your own travel adapter plug for the power tools you carry.
- You can purchase locally made wooden carvings as a souvenir of your trip to the Maldives.
- The temperature stays relatively high during the day, so it is essential that you carry a very high factor sunscreen.
- Sun hat, insect/mosquito repellent, sunglasses, etc. are other essential items that you should not miss while traveling to Maldives.
Now that you know what to wear in the Maldives, it’s time for you to pack your bags for a captivating vacation! You can also plan your vacation to the Maldives with TravelTriangle and experience the best escapes from this tropical paradise residing in the Indian Ocean.
For our Editorial Code of Conduct and Copyright Disclaimers, please click here.
Frequently asked questions about what to wear in the Maldives
When is the best time to visit the Maldives?
The best time to visit the Maldives is between November and April. The climate is warm with the average temperature ranging between 29°C and 31°C throughout the year and the average low temperature rarely dips below 24°C. January to April are the driest months, with little rain and low humidity, making this the peak season for resorts.
Is it safe to visit the Maldives during covid?
Make sure you have completed two doses of immunizations and have yourself tested at least 48 hours before you leave. You need to follow all the travel advisories mentioned by the authorities.
What do I wear in the Maldives?
Carry light clothing, and you can wear short-sleeved T-shirts and T-shirts, and sometimes tank tops, which on some islands are considered inappropriate for the evening. Ladies can wear everything from chic shorts and T-shirts to long, floating dresses and skirts or slacks.
What are the best places to visit in the Maldives?
Male Atoll, Sun Island, Banana Reef, Alimatha Island, Artificial Beach, HP Reef, Fihalhohi Island, Utheemu Ganduvaru, Biyadhoo Island, Veligandu Island Beach, Baros Island, Emboodhu Finolhu Island, etc. are the top tourist attractions in Maldives.
People also read: