Traveling is the most fun thing to do, but it can turn into a bad affair if you don’t do it right. Proper research and planning are essential to making it enjoyable and memorable. So, when you get down to planning your next adventure, do your homework before emerging from your cozy cocoon into a completely different place, amid a culture you’ve never experienced, and people you’ve never met! Here are several things to know before you travel that can make getting around easy and hassle-free for you.
Things to keep in mind when choosing a destination
- budget: Don’t want to spend a lot? There are a number of international trips that you can take on a budget.
- Flight duration: Plan your trip according to the amount of time you have.
- The purpose of the trip: romantic? family journey? a job? Where you should go depends on why you are making the trip.
- Your travel companion(s): Who you are going with plays a vital role in determining where you should go and where you should not go! You don’t want to end up in Las Vegas with your mom and dad!
Find your destination precisely
The most important things first. Know your destination. Discover things like:
- Geography and climate: It probably wouldn’t be a good idea to have severe asthma and go to Ladakh.
- Where to eat: If you are a vegetarian, find out all the places to eat in the city you are visiting.
- The best way to travel to the destination: Journey, train or road?
- Best ways to get around the city: Don’t waste money on private taxis if you can take the metro.
- Travel distance and time between different locations or attractions: This will help you plan your sightseeing each day accordingly.
- Local laws, basic rules and regulations: especially for The United Arab EmiratesAnd Koreaand a host of other places.
- The current weather at the destination: Stepping out of the airport in your summer clothes when it’s raining outside can’t be much fun.
- Key terms in the local destination language: otherwise WelcomeAnd FarewellAnd & Thanks things like ‘food“,”water“,”Taxi“,”helpsIn their language it can be very useful.
- Book the right hotel: Read hotel reviews clearly before booking and try and ensure that markets and public transportation are easily accessible from your hotel location.
- Hidden fees for obtaining a visa: Many countries offer Entry visa upon arrival The facility asks for a certain fee for it once you land in that country. Make sure you know this in advance and you won’t be greeted with an unpleasant surprise at the airport.
Safe travel is happy travel
It’s good to explore new cultures and meet new people, but don’t compromise your culture Health and safety while you are at it. Keep your eyes and ears open at all times. Read online reviews about the destination, hotel and attractionsand basically everything before launch.
- Women’s safety: Is it okay to go to nightclubs with your girls in the place you are visiting?
- Secure your property: Paris And Spain They may be your dream destinations, but theft, pickpocketing, and bag snatching are very common in both, especially for tourists.
- Keep the world updated: Always let your friends and family know where you are and what the next plan is, or at least keep your status updated and checked in on social media! Stay in touch with your family.
- Register at your embassy: Make this your priority. They can help you in an emergency abroad. Keep a handy list of Indian embassies in popular foreign countries that have their addresses and phone numbers.
Plan your trip
Are you done searching? Now start planning.
- Book tickets after midnight Because it’s cheaper then.
- Travel and airline websites can access your cookie data, analyze your travel browsing (the sites you check most frequently for ticket prices and destinations), and increase ticket prices accordingly. So Clear browsing history before booking tickets.
- Build your itinerary sensibly: Include as many sightseeing options as possible in each day. Don’t stuff your itinerary or you’ll end up running between places without really enjoying any of it.
- Purchase tickets for sightseeing and events in advance: Nothing is better than booking in advance than waiting in long lines later.
- Download guidebooks and electronic maps earlier than where you are going to move. Don’t just rely on material things.
- Book custom tour packages: You can customize your itinerary to suit your interests and indulge in only the experiences you want, for relatively low prices.
Keep your travel documents safe
- Hard copies of all your travel documentsEspecially the passport.
- Leave a copy of your passport behind with someone you trust.
- Scan your travel documents And store it in your phone or laptop, in case you lose your physical documents.
- also Send those scanned copies to your email idso you can access them if you lose your phone as well.
Take care of your money
Let’s face it. There is nothing worse than having to deal with monetary issues abroad.
- Find a file currency conversion rate For the country you are visiting and plan your expenses accordingly. Don’t let this be a surprise!
- Contact your credit card company And inform them of your travel plans, so they don’t block your card when you make transactions in a different country.
- Don’t always rely on credit cards in the country you’re visiting. Carry local cash.
- Do not go to currency exchange centers to get local cash. Use ATMs instead.
Planning your vacation but confused where to go? These travel stories help you find your best trip ever!
True travel stories. Real stay. Helpful tips to help you make the right choice.
Reduce your travel expenses
No one likes to travel on account of bankruptcy. Spend wisely and cut down on unnecessary costs.
- Try to travel in low season.
- For transportation within the city, use Public transport facilities.
- Eat street food Instead of eating fancy food in restaurants. That will anyway give you a better taste of the local culture and the actual food of the country/city.
Carry the essentials
Your favorite lipstick and fancy sunglasses can wait. Pack the following things first:
- a charger adapterso that you can deal with sockets of different sizes and voltages in the country you are visiting.
- Bring some Snacks If you don’t want to depend entirely on the type of food you get outside.
- that Extra set of clothesor maybe two, regardless of whether you’re going to a beach destination, or where the weather is rainy.
- Make room for a file electric kettle (If your hotel doesn’t provide one for you in your room). These are useful if you want to make things like instant noodles and ready-to-eat items.
Pack like a pro!
Travel becomes a hell of a task if you have to carry heavy bags. Watch the following video and get Great tips on how to pack smart Efficiency for the trip:
Found this useful? Hello! Now share all these must-know before you travel with all your fellow backpackers so that they too can easily make their future travel plans. Do you know any more helpful tips for travelers? Don’t forget to put them in the comments below.
read more: wow! Passport in 1 week with 4 documents and no police check!
Looking to book a vacation package?
Book unforgettable holidays on TravelTriangle with over 650 verified travel agents for more than 65 domestic and international destinations.